CARGOTEC CORPORATION, INTERIM REPORT, 21 OCTOBER 2015 AT 12 PM EEST
Cargotec's January-September 2015 interim report: Kalmar and Hiab orders and profitability developed positively, MacGregor market situation remained challenging
July-September 2015 in brief
- Orders received increased 9 percent and totalled EUR 907 (829) million.
- Order book grew one percent from the 2014 year-end, and at the end of the reporting period it totalled EUR 2,233 (31 Dec 2014: 2,200) million.
- Sales grew 10 percent to EUR 928 (840) million.
- Operating profit excluding restructuring costs was EUR 68.3 (48.4) million, representing 7.4 (5.8) percent of sales.
- Operating profit was EUR 61.9 (45.8) million, representing 6.7 (5.4) percent of sales.
- Cash flow from operations before financial items and taxes totalled EUR 74.5 (63.4) million.
- Net income for the period amounted to EUR 43.6 (27.8) million.
- Earnings per share was EUR 0.67 (0.43).
January-September 2015 in brief
- Orders received increased 2 percent and totalled EUR 2,733 (2,685) million.
- Sales grew 15 percent to EUR 2,753 (2,395) million.
- Operating profit excluding restructuring costs was EUR 178.6 (77.8) million, representing 6.5 (3.2) percent of sales.
- Operating profit was EUR 168.1 (63.6) million, representing 6.1 (2.7) percent of sales.
- Cash flow from operations before financial items and taxes totalled EUR 227.3 (120.3) million.
- Net income for the period amounted to EUR 107.4 (31.4) million.
- Earnings per share was EUR 1.67 (0.48).
Outlook for 2015 unchanged
Cargotec's 2015 sales are expected to grow from 2014. Operating profit excluding restructuring costs for 2015 is expected to improve from 2014.
Cargotec's key figures
|Order book, end of period||2,233||2,327||-4%||2,233||2,327||-4%||2,200|
|Operating profit, %*||7.4||5.8||6.5||3.2||4.4|
|Operating profit, %||6.7||5.4||6.1||2.7||3.8|
|Income before taxes||55.4||39.3||149.2||44.7||98.2|
|Cash flow from operations||74.5||63.4||227.3||120.3||204.3|
|Net income for the period||43.6||27.8||107.4||31.4||72.0|
|Earnings per share, EUR||0.67||0.43||1.67||0.48||1.11|
|Net debt, end of period||678||835||678||835||719|
|Personnel, end of period||10,876||10,829||10,876||10,829||10,703|
*excluding restructuring costs
Cargotec's President and CEO Mika Vehviläinen:
Market activity in container handling and truck-related load handling solutions continued to be healthy in the third quarter. Our investments in new products and operational development were highlighted in several major orders received during the quarter. Demand was strong in the United States and Europe. For MacGregor, the challenging market situation in merchant shipping and offshore continued, resulting in low order volumes. Overall Cargotec's orders and sales developed favourably during the quarter. Profitability continued to improve in Kalmar and Hiab. During the quarter, to improve profitability MacGregor announced new restructuring measures in addition to the already on-going programmes.
Press conference for analysts and media
A press conference for analysts and media, combined with a live international telephone conference, will be arranged on the publishing day at 2:00 p.m. EEST at Cargotec's head office, Porkkalankatu 5, Helsinki. The event will be held in English. The report will be presented by President and CEO Mika Vehviläinen and Executive Vice President, CFO Eeva Sipilä. The presentation material will be available at www.cargotec.com by at 2:00 p.m. EEST.
The telephone conference, during which questions may be presented, can be accessed using the following numbers with access code Cargotec/8025749:
FI: +358 9 2310 1618
SE: +46 8 5065 3931
UK: +44 20 3427 1922
US: +1 646 254 3370
The event can also be viewed as a live webcast at www.cargotec.com. An on-demand version of the conference will be published at Cargotec's website later during the day.
A replay of the conference call will be available until midnight 23 October 2015 in the following numbers: US callers +1 347 366 9565, non-US callers +44 20 3427 0598, access code 8025749.
For further information, please contact:
Eeva Sipilä, Executive Vice President and CFO, tel. +358 20 777 4104
Paula Liimatta, Director, Investor Relations, tel. +358 20 777 4084
Cargotec shapes the cargo handling industry for the benefit of its customers and shareholders. Cargotec's business areas MacGregor, Kalmar and Hiab are recognised leaders in cargo and load handling solutions around the world. Their global network is positioned close to customers and offers extensive services that ensure a continuous, reliable and sustainable performance according to customers' needs. Cargotec's sales in 2014 totalled approximately EUR 3.4 billion and it employs approximately 11,000 people. Cargotec's class B shares are quoted on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd under symbol CGCBV. www.cargotec.com