Reduce your RTG’s fuel consumption by over 60%.
The Kalmar Hybrid RTG’s regenerative system collects and stores energy from:
- container handling
- gantry movements.
This highly fuel-efficient combination results in much lower fuel consumption than traditional powertrains.
The batteries supply the RTG’s primary power, and the diesel engine only operates when the batteries need to be recharged. This means typically up to 50% of the crane’s operating time. As this also reduces the overall engine running time, you will benefit from lower maintenance costs.
A Kalmar Hybrid Rubber Tyred Gantry Crane enables you to:
- significantly cut your carbon emissions
- reduce fuel consumption by up to 64%
- reduce operating and maintenance costs in your terminal
- improve occupational health and safety levels for your RTG crane operators
- improve availability so you can maintain the highest levels of productivity when moving containers
- extend your crane's lifespan as your new RTG crane will have a longer operational life and cost you less in the long run.
Why you should consider Kalmar Hybrid RTG cranes?
Kalmar Hybrid Rubber Tyred Gantry Cranes are ideal for terminal or intermodal operations and for businesses that want to significantly reduce their carbon footprint.