We are looking for a
Thesis Worker, Simulation and Virtual Environments
to do final thesis on modeling and simulation.
Thesis work subject would be around modeling load handling machines and related systems for Hardware-In-Loop simulators and/or other simulation applications. Tasks include:
- Methodology and topology development
- Modeling the systems architecture
- Modeling of physical systems (mechanics, drivelines, energy systems, sensors)
- Setting up simulators
- Studies in automation science and engineering
- Basic knowledge of mechanics, drivelines, electric systems and machine control systems
- Good knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink
- Basic programming skills (C/C++, C#, Python) is an advantage
- Support for getting your thesis done
- Modern working environment in Cargotec Technology and Competence Center Tampere
- Proper tools for the task
- Interesting and challenging tasks that gives you a good opportunity to get insight into global business. You will have an excellent opportunity to become familiar with load handling machine system simulations.
If interested please submit your application and CV as soon as possible but no later than Sunday 22nd October 2017.
Kalmar offers the widest range of cargo handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution centres and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container handling, with one in four container movements around the globe being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's sales totalled approximately EUR 3.5 billion in 2016 and it employs over 11,000 people. Cargotec's class B shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd under symbol CGCBV. www.cargotec.com