Kalmar USA Inc., the leading global supplier of container & load handling equipment and services, is seeking a highly energetic and experienced
National Parts Sales Manager
Based in Ottawa, Kansas USA region, this position will manage and lead our Area Parts Sales Manager team. You’ll play a critical role in developing and executing our current and future strategic growth initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, training, management and support to Area Parts Sales Manager team to achieve sales objectives, including target weekly calls, net growth and utilization rates.
- Travel with Area Parts Sales Managers to establish an executive presence with key customers, to provide coaching, training and development of direct reports and to gather market intelligence, assist closing of new business.
- Partner with Marketing Manager to execute growth initiatives as well as the development and presentation of collateral.
- Increase market awareness of the company through active participation in the industry associations and trade shows.
- Monitor and report on competitor’s activities, strengths, weaknesses and business strategies. Develop and execute counter-strategies.
- Ensure account receivables are current.
- Training and development of Dealer staff
- Develop incentive programs for sales achievements at the dealer level
- Utilize planning tools (Gap analysis and various sales reports) to develop a sales plan for each region.
- Develop close working relationships with Area Parts Sales Manager, Dealers, and End Customers to grow sales, build loyalty through onsite visits and continuous interactions.
- Analytical – strong business, financial and B2B sales acumen.
- Cost Consciousness – works with approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Bachelor degree in Business or similar Technical degree required. MBA preferred.
- At least 8+ years of relevant business / product experience, preferably in a heavy industrial after-market parts operation of an equipment manufacturer or dealership, or a technical position with experience in product configuration and component pricing.
- Minimum of 7+ years of sales management experience.
- Proven ability to lead sales team to achieve goals.
- Outside sales experience, in heavy industrial, mobile equipment industry preferred.
- Strong communication skills, ability to interact with customers, employees and vendors
- Effective use of technology tools to improve sales performance
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Highly proficient computer skills
- Ability to maintain the profitability of the department while controlling expenses and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High attention to detail.We are global heavy industrial and automotive/Terminal Tractor OEM company. We’re looking for individuals who are driven, self-starters and are passionate about our products.Kalmar offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans, paid vacation and 9 paid holidays.
For further information please contact Lori Pheigaru 1-785-229-1147.
Please submit your resume and salary request by 20 October 2017.
We areanequal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Kalmar offers the widest range of cargo handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution centres and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container handling, with one in four container movements around the globe being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's sales totalled approximately EUR 3.5 billion in 2016 and it employs over 11,000 people. Cargotec's class B shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd under symbol CGCBV. www.cargotec.com